IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE RULES IN FULL, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN RAINFALL.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ANY ENTRIES OBTAINED THROUGH A PURCHASE WILL NOT BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY THAN ENTRIES OBTAINED THROUGH ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTERING.
- HOW TO ENTER. Rainfall takes place from 12:01:01 a.m. mountain standard time on through 11:59:59pm on . A User will automatically receive one entry into Rainfall for each FOX Token held by such User. ShapeShift awards FOX Tokens to Users who take certain actions on the Service. For more information about FOX Tokens including how to earn FOX Tokens, click here. No purchase is necessary to enter Rainfall. If you do not want to take one of the specified actions to receive FOX Tokens, you can enter Rainfall by submitting your email through the link at the bottom of this page (such entry, an “AMOE”). Users who receive FOX Tokens through the AMOE have an equal chance of winning Rainfall as those who have earned them through any other means.
- PRIZES. For each qualifying action (as determined by the Sponsor) taken by a User on the Service, including the completion of a digital asset transaction (each, a “Qualifying Action”) the Sponsor will award a digital asset to a randomly selected User in the amount and form as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion (a “Prize”). Prize amounts may be based on the size of the Qualifying Action that triggers the awarding of such Prize. Approximate aggregate total Prize value is expected to be US . Winners will be notified and listed anonymously through the App and on this page. Click here for a running list of current winners. You shall return any Prize determined by the Sponsor to be awarded in error, fraudulently, or in violation of these rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, however is under no duty to any winner of a Prize to substitute or transfer a Prize. All Prizes will be awarded.
- ELIGIBILITY. All verified Users who have actively used the Service through the App at least once in the 90 days prior to a Qualifying Action will be eligible to win the Prize associated with such Qualifying Action, except that the Sponsor shall not award a Prize to any employee or affiliate of the Sponsor, or any such employee’s affiliate, subsidiary, or agent. Void where prohibited. The Sponsor may disqualify any User’s entry if the Sponsor reasonably believes that User to be: tampering with the entry process or the operation of Rainfall; violating these rules or the Terms; acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person; or is on any prohibited person list issued by any governmental agency having regulatory authority over the Sponsor.
- DRAWING. In determining the winner of each Prize, the Sponsor shall, through automated means, conduct a random drawing promptly after the completion of each Qualifying Action. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of FOX Tokens held by each User. The total amount of FOX Tokens currently distributed can be viewed here. The following addresses that are not eligible to win a Prize include:
- CLAIMING PRIZES. In order to claim a Prize, you must agree to these Rules. Due to transaction costs and Miner Fees, a claimant of a Prize may not be permitted to withdraw such Prize until that User’s total Prize amount reaches US$10. The Sponsor may deem a Prize forfeited and reclaim such Prize if, within 90 days of the Sponsor’s awarding of that Prize: (a) the Prize’s winner has not affirmatively agreed to these rules; or (b) the Prize has not been withdrawn by its winner. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, any Prize awarded after September 15, 2021, must be claimed prior to October 31, 2021, otherwise, it will be deemed forfeited.
- WAIVER. By entering Rainfall, you waive any right to, and shall hold harmless the Sponsor from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with your participation in Rainfall or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE DOES NOT APPLY IN ACY SUCH JURISDICTION. The Sponsor will not be responsible for: lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect entries; lost, late, or misdirected Prize notices; or any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Rainfall, or announcement of the Prizes. All US federal and state laws apply.
- TAXES. You acknowledge that all income taxes resulting from your awarding of a Prize are your sole responsibility. The Sponsor strongly encourages you to consult with your tax advisor regarding any tax implications of the awarding of or the transfer of any Prize you may win from Rainfall. The Sponsor will not be liable for any tax-related effects of winning or transferring a Prize. If you win one or more Prizes totaling an amount in excess of US$600 in any calendar year, the Sponsor may be required to report such winnings to the Internal Revenue Service and send you an applicable IRS Form 1099, in which case, you shall provide the Sponsor with any necessary information required to complete and send you such form.
- The Sponsor will not be liable for any damages associated with Rainfall due to any: incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Users, tampering or hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Rainfall; error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Service; or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in Rainfall or downloading materials from or use of the Service.
- If the Sponsor cannot operate Rainfall as planned by reason of computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Rainfall, the Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend any portion of Rainfall without prior notice, and will not be liable for any resulting damages.
- ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTERING. If you do not want to take one of the specified actions to receive FOX Tokens, you can enter Rainfall here.
"The crypto financial revolution will not be realized by a new set of custodial kings. You control your keys, you control your crypto. To us, this is not a slogan, but a mandate."
- Erik Voorhees, ShapeShift CEO